My name is Martay.
(( Read my official bio here. ))
A little more about me:
- I sing (but didn't sing well until I was 18 -- TRUE humble beginnings... don't give up on your dreams!)
- Songwriting is my biggest passion
- I think I'm addicted to tacos (Salinas, CA native y'all)
- I'm a Christian. I wouldn't be where I am without Jesus. <3
- I blog on the regular through my blog "Tay-Talk"
- I love rich conversation over a light-roasted cup of coffee
- Denny's should just sponsor us already because my band and I are always there discussing big things #justsaying
- Friends are what keep me running in my own lane
- I think I was a crocheting warrior in another life or something like that.
When it comes down to it, I am a pretty dangerous dreamer who grew up in a broken home. Art was my only way of escaping the pain of my dad's drug addiction and my parent's divorce, so I grew up drawing on the walls with my brother and singing at the top of my lungs at 6am every day. Pain killers.
Now older and able to see things with objective vision, I know that there's others out there just like me who are fighting for hope in their everyday lives. So, no matter what I do or create, I hope it leads those who come into contact with it to look beyond the trials of life and dream again.
I currently travel A LOT. When I'm not on the road doing shows as a singer-songwriter you can find me: talking about life at a yummy coffee shop, traveling as the face for Make It Rain, or jogging down my mean Salinas streets. Well, they're not that mean. ;)
If you're a fan, I hope to get to know you some day soon. Lots of love and keep dreaming! <3